Progress Report

20080930

030: Mo' Rockin'!

I'm starting to believe the story I'm telling people:

"When I was a wee girl of 4 years, my family took me to Disney World. I have 3 distinct memories from that trip: meeting Jiminy Cricket, being given a stuffed Winnie the Pooh bear that was larger than I was, and eating couscous at the Restaurant Marrakesh in Epcot Center. Since then, I've wanted to travel to that far off land of Morocco where, if Disney World taught me anything, all the people eat couscous and all the women are belly dancers."

Or perhaps, I believe this story:

"For my 9th birthday, my mother and I planned an International Themed birthday party. We made sure each continent was equally represented: First, Moroccan dinner in Philadelphia at Fes, followed by Patriot-friendly Lady Liberty cake, then snacks (Euro-fondue, Chinese egg-roll, Baked "Antarctica") and a showing of everyone's favorite daddy-from-down-under, Crocodile Dundee! (It was 16 years ago - I don't remember what we did from South America.) I was such a huge fan of the Moroccan restaurant that I've always wanted to travel to that far off land where, if Fes Restaurant taught me anything, all the people eat couscous and all the women are belly dancers."

Either way, I am about to fulfill a 21 (or 16) year old dream of traveling to that couscousin', belly-dancin', North Afican far off land. In fact, somewhere inside of 96 hours from now I'll be elbow deep in Casablanca and I can't wait.

EDIT: I went.

No comments: