Progress Report

20080405

008: Conquer my Korean cuisine cowardice

After a hard days work, have you ever hunkered down to a big bowl of unidentifiable consumables that look like spinal cords floating in a haz-mat red liquid? I have, and that was the last time I ever ate Korean food.

Needless to say, a cuisine that's signature dish is fermented (read: rotting) cabbage doesn't elicit any mouth watering from my end of the world. But I will put down the cheesesteaks and Tastykakes for a few hours tonight and paint the town haz-mat red once again. Anna and I will be stepping out to Miran on Chestnut Street tonight for our first try at Korean Barbeque. I'm no expert, but I read a primer on Korean bbq. Unfortunately, it would appear the exhumed cabbage will be making an appearance on my plate this evening.

But this is one small step for my taste buds, one large step for my 101 goals.

EDIT:
In the light of the following day I can say that Korean cuisine is not as terrifying as my first experience would have suggested. In fact, I had quite a delicious dish of Bulgogi and, yes, Kim Chi as well.

1 comment:

Latharia said...

AWESOME goals!!!! :D